Pipe down, you. This is the editors' decision, not yours!
Either way, the strife technique pages could probably be merged together.
Auto-Parry is a Battle technique used to avoid attacks. The way the Auto-Parry is done is handled differently depending on the character.
- Problem Sleuth: Sleuth Roll - Roll to avoid the attack.
- Ace Dick: Auto-Parry - Take the hit in the gut. It is incredibly painful!
- Pickle Inspector: Pickle Distraction - Unknowingly evade the attack by moving his body to ogle something else he was looking at.
- Mobster Kingpin: Auto-Parry - Can take hits anywhere, as he is invincible unless his Blood Sugar, Emotions or Sick Burn level rises. He can also use his mouth to Auto-Parry incoming candy.
- Nervous Broad: Aspect Dodge - Tightens and loosens the Aspect Corset to evade attacks.
- Zombie Ace Dick: Overripe Produce - While this is given various names, as though it is being upgraded, Zombie Ace Dick is simply invulnerable to nearly every attack as his Auto-Parry is just taking the damage.
Protagonists[edit | edit source]
- Rose Lalonde
- Youth Roll - While it has not been used in Strife, Rose may be able to dodge incoming attacks by rolling out of the way. Its name is a play on Problem Sleuth's Sleuth Roll.
- Auto-Perrier - Rose blocks her mother's offering of a martini with kid-safe Perrier mineral water.
- Ogloparry - This is used by Grimdark Rose in her duel with Jack Noir to block his blade. It is a play off Oglogoth, a horrorterror and namesake of Rose's wands.
- Dave Strider
- Dude Dodge - Do a somersault to get out of the way in a totally cool and badass fashion.
- Acrobatic Fucking Pirouette - Jump high in the air while somersaulting to avoid perilous situations, such as shurikens sent out from your own Sylladex.
- Auto-Harley - Stop Jack Noir's attack via placing Harley in front of self.
- Vriska Serket
- Auto-Pirate - Vriska, in her Ancestral Awakening form, uses this to block Jack Noir's blade with her own sword.
- Terezi Pyrope
- 4CROB4T1C FUCK1NG P1ROU3TT3 - Pretty much what Dave did. Used to retrieve Pyralspite from atop a high shelf.
- Jane Crocker
- windows, ending in a Nice Abscond! Jane does a combination of Lass Scamper, Youth Roll, and Acrobatic Fucking Pirouette to enter one of Roxy's
- John Egbert
- John can do a Lad Scramble. That's how he levels up . He has also done that before that point.
Guardians[edit | edit source]
- Blotto-Parry - Rose's Mother effortlessly dodges oncoming attacks by swaggering about drunkenly.
|Abjure • Abscond • Abstain • Aggrieve|
|Accede • Auto-Parry • Empty Suicide Threat • Sweet Catch|
|Coddlebrand • Ironic Indulgence • Ironic Negligence|