Act 6 Act 4 is extremely short, with the whole act consisting of only three pages. It is titled Void.
- Scratch kids' journey through in their Sburb session for an indeterminate length of time on their respective planets: the Land of Mounds and Xenon for Jake, battling skeletal underlings with a pair of golden pistols; the Land of Pyramids and Neon with Roxy, who is traveling with Jane using her Crockercorp Appearifier Rifle for exploration; and the Land of Tombs and Krypton for Dirk, fighting his own underlings alongside Jake outside his denizen's lair. All the while, Jack Noir, still imprisoned on Prospit, scratches a tally to keep time on his cell wall, until he finishes making the 153rd mark and the golden spire he was using as a makeshift knife eventually snaps. The camera zooms out to show the entire Medium. This act tells the story of what happens during the post-
- The curtains close on Act 6 Act 4.
- A short flash of the curtains on a dark, stormy backdrop is displayed.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Each of the planets in this session contains the name of a noble gas: helium, xenon, neon and krypton, which fits the description of the kids as "Nobles" rather than "Heroes"; as well as a type of burial site: crypts, mounds, pyramids, and tombs. This and the fact that noble gases are chemically inert ties in with the fact that the post-scratch kids' session is a dead end (a void session). The skeletal, undead underlings also fit the void session theme.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Jack Noir's tally marks are made in groups of seven (six vertical, one horizontal), compared to five in human tallying. This possibly implies that carapacian culture uses a base fourteen numerical system (compared to human base ten). On the other hand, it could perhaps more likely be interpreted as Jack counting weeks akin to Robinson Crusoe, and/or a reference to the arc number,
- The blurred images of Skaia fulfill one of the predictions from the clouds viewed in .
- The name of the Act reflects the nature of the B2 session; Void.