James Roach, sometimes credited as James "soselfimportant" Roach, is a musician and writer who has contributed tracks for Homestuck and its related content. While few of his tracks were featured in the comic proper, he became a prominent musician and sound designer for Hiveswap, Hiveswap Friendship Simulator, and Pesterquest.
Credits[edit | edit source]
- "Made of Time" on coloUrs and mayhem: Universe A
- "Pipeorgankind" on coloUrs and mayhem: Universe B
- Production and sound for the Homestuck Vol. 10 trailer
- The album The Grubbles
- The album Hiveswap Act 1 OST
- The album Hiveswap Friendsim
- "On-Time Departure", "Lunch Break", "Above Sea Level", "Raw Honey", "Homestead", "Shell Game", "Ticket to Ride: Rusty", "The Prince of All Mustardbloods", "Ticket to Ride: The Other Half", "Ticket to Ride: Down with the Clown", "Conductor's Cabin", "Old Secret", "Ghost Train", "Fight of the Bumblebee", "The Perfect Cast", and "DRONE" for HIVESWAP: ACT 2 Original Soundtrack
Homestuck[edit | edit source]
- "Pipeorgankind" for
- "Horsecatska" for
Hiveswap[edit | edit source]
Hiveswap Friendship Simulator[edit | edit source]
- Title Theme and Fanfares ("Game Over" and "Victory"), Cirava's Theme "▯▯▯▯▯", Amisia's Theme "ARTCHOP", "Aesthetic", Tagora's Theme "Call Me Gor Gor", Folykl & Kuprum's Theme ">tfw another james roach track", Remele's Theme "Piwates ',:^]", Chixie's Theme "it be like that sometimes", Chahut's Theme "take me to clown church", Zebede's Theme "beekeeper who? i dont know her.", Mallek's Theme "fortnite funny moments epic fails episode 413", Stelsa's Theme "imagine, if you will, a situation wherein i wrote the bulk of this song at 4 am and then woke up only to discover the monstrosity i had created in my fleeting hubris", Boldir's Theme "Old Secret", Karako's Theme "", Marsti's Theme "SERVICE CAR (Neutral Edition)", Wanshi's Theme "idk man you name it im tired", Fozzer's Theme "GRAVEYARD SHIFT (PLAY THE ROUTE AND THEN TWEET @hamesatron ABOUT HOW GOOD THIS TITLE IS)", Daraya's Theme "▲trollkind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. to obtain something of equal value must be lost. that is alchemys first law of equivalent exchange. in those days, we really believed that to be the worlds one, and only, truth▼", Nihkee's Theme "lmao i still dont know if its nicky or nike (like the shoe not like.. the name mike)", Special Theme "END OF FRIENDVANGELION", Lanque's Theme "yall know i just do the music right", Lanque's Other Theme "VALID END", Soleil Twins Theme "the final clountdown", Final Route Theme "WORST END", and Marvus' Theme "CLOWNFUCKER"
Pesterquest[edit | edit source]
- Fanfares ("Game Over" and "Victory"), "WORST END", John's Theme "sometimes i call andrew hussie 'andy' and so far he hasn't corrected me", Rose's Theme "please support The Trevor Project", Dave's Theme "ill probably just name this one something normal oh no wait oh jeez aw beans", "24/7 lo fi anime beats to question your sexuality to", Jade's Theme "CAREFREE VICTORY (REMIX)", Karkat's Theme "CRUSTacean", Terezi's Theme "", Aradia's Theme "yeah, it is", Eridan's Theme "THIS TIME ITS ERIDAN (I FORGOT WHAT I NAMED THIS)", and "this is like... what was it... > [S]MSPAR: Remember"
- Writing for A King's Feast of Ass and It Is Pronounced Ah-RAH-Dee-Uh
- Promotional video for Pesterquest Volume 9: Blood and Binary
- Music for the Second Pesterquest Trailer
Other[edit | edit source]
- "Fraymotif Samba [Consort Shop]" for SBURB OST
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Hiveswap troll Zebede Tongva was based upon James.
- The QR Code for Terezi's Theme "" reads "CH3CK TH3 M3T4D4T4", and looking at the metadata for the song gives the message "haha oh wow you really checked".
- James has also done work for the fancomic Vast Error's spinoff Snowbound Blood.
[edit | edit source]
- @hamesatron on Twitter
- jamesroachmusic on tumblr (private)
- jrmusic on Soundcloud
- James Roach on YouTube
- James Roach on Bandcamp
- James Roach on Instagram (private)
- James Roach on Patreon
- James Roach on Ko-fi
References[edit | edit source]
- James Roach. "at the point in production where they were figuring out names/personalities/traits they kinda thrust this one on me because it “would make the most people angry.” [...] but in an effort by my SO CALLED FRIENDS to antagonize me, they were like “heh h h e h he e e he h what if we make this cute girl character that hornyboys love into a dumpy little round dude and then say we based him off james who they already do not like.” [...] anyway zebede’s bullet points and even his name are references to me but thats kinda where it ends. st. james son of zebedee is also known as santiago, which is my birthname. the tongva were “maybe” the indigenous people of long beach, where i live, which is “too far to visit” which is a joke about The Greater Los Angeles Area." james roach. August 17, 2018.